The most important thing to establish when starting a business is to be sure that the right financial vehicle is being used to maximize after tax profits.
• Company & personal taxation
• Development of costing systems
• Preparation of business plans
• Development of management information systems using computers
• Management of properties
• Management of manufacturing operations
• Development of specialist products for a major industry
• Negotiating sales of companies
• Successfully completing a management buyout.
• Marketing of products to the Petro-Chemical and Pharmaceutical Industries and getting the products specified.
• Setting up complete administration operations for a £30 million pound company
• Recruitment of key personnel
• Liaising with a large multinational centralised computer department to implement sales invoicing in multiple currencies
Ewing Commercial Brokers Ltd
Director1995 - CurrentCompany Secretary from formation and became a director on 06/02/1999
chairman and Managing director1987 - 1992This engineering company specialised in the manufacture of products for the HVAC industry, producing a range of stainless steel products for the offshore oil and pharmaceutical industries. Company products specified as standard by BP, Shell, Occidental, Amerada Hess, and Glaxo.
Master Foods Division of Mars Ltd
Financial Controller1968 - 1974Improved efficiency by installing computerised systems and procedures enabling the administration to handle an increased turnover of 600% whilst reducing the number of staff. Introduced costing systems, and streamlined accounting procedures.
Crawley Chartered Accountant
Principal1 - 5 Employees 1981 - 2012Sole Practitioner Chartered Accountant
C & O Powder Coatings Ltd
Chairman and Founder21 - 100 Employees 1984 - 1992Powder Coating Company