- Telecoms Consultancy
- Financial Planning
- Mobile Networks
- Global Data Networks
- Transformational Change
- Business Coaching
- Product Planning
- Device Development
- Mobile Services
- Project Management
- Product Management
- Telecom Consultant
- Business Case Production
I am an independent consultant working in the UK providing interim business, telecoms and IT services to UK and Global companies.
I help businesses to troubleshoot and deliver technology based products and services.
I take my clients through a program I’ve developed that includes an initial comprehensive needs assessment, to highlight what’s already in place and what is missing. Then we creating a clear vision for where my client wants to be, followed by a product road map, business case and project plan for getting them there. I provide support, mentoring and accountability along the way to implement the plan.
Henry Hancock Associates Ltd
Consultant / Business Coach1 - 5 Employees 1999 - Current
Proving interim management / consultancy services for the following companies:
- Global IPVPN: (2015) Principal Product Manager - Expanding Vodafone’s IPVPN (Global WAN) network globally from 64 countries covered to 83 countries to move Vodafone into Gartner’s “Magic Quadrant”. (Revenue €700M/year)
- Conferencing: (2011) Senior Product Manager - Defined Vodafone’s conferencing strategy, delivered Vodafone Meet Anywhere apps (using Agile) and successfully launched conferencing to key Global Enterprise customers. - Revenue increased from 0 to £1M per month.
- TV &Video: (2007-2010) Senior Product Manager - Defined Global TV strategy working with 21 OpCo TV networks, advised Vodafone partners on mobile TV services (CTO level), organized conferences, improved underperforming networks. (Revenue > £50M/year)
- UK IPVPN: (2014) Working for SAS Managed IT Services inside Vodafone to formulate a technical delivery plan and business case for the introduction of Rapid Deployment of services to customers within 48 hours instead of Vodafone's standard 6 weeks.
- OSS Roadmap: (2012) Senior Project Manager - Developed the OSS domain strategy and Program managed three projects including moving 12 of the current 35 OSS systems onto a single BI platform.
- TV and Video: (2006-2007) Senior Product Manager Managed TV strategy and the live TV & Video service, improved customer experience through incremental upgrades resulting in a 5x uplift in revenue over a year which was followed by a call to move to Vodafone Group. (revenue £12M/year).
- Mobile Internet Access: (2002) Product Manager responsible for daily service quality, developed device configuration apps and rolled out to customer and launched the first High Speed Data card for laptops.
- Product Manager Business Mobile Data - Created a new corporate data product, from conception to launch and delivered to customers in record time.
MCI WorldCom (1997-1999)
- Product Manager Wholesale Data Services - Developed a strategic product roadmap to exploit WorldCom’s Europe-wide dark fibre network, signed off by all key management stakeholders. Initiated projects to fulfil roadmap including a European-wide bandwidth-on-demand data service, Colocation Business and Wholesale Services.
- Project Manager Network Migrations - Successfully migrated three m2m, MVNOs from Three UK onto Hue’s Global mvne platform, notably achieving time and quality targets for the first time in Hue’s history.
Implemented a new Alteryx and Tableau (BI) business reporting system to provide management reports on eight mvno networks connected with Hue’s mvne platform.
- Senior Project Manager Device Development - Developed a new intrinsically safe TETRA hand-portable radio, utilising offshore hardware and software development teams.
- Project Manager ODM Device Development - Managed the software development and launch of a new O2 branded music phone and service. Produced from scratch O2’s mobile device technology roadmap.
- Senior Manager Mobile E-Commerce - Created and delivered a mission-critical mobile content-delivery system used for pre-sales support and customer trials.
BSc Hons Electronics and Physics
Prince 2 Project Management